Tuesday, September 21, 2010

don't eat liver if your pregnant

Way back home in Philippines,liver is our common food in the table. We used cooked  "adobo"with it or mixed in the dish called"menudo". Beef liver taste delicious, I can count as one of my favorite. I remember once that my acupuncturist(Chinese) brought  liver dish in her clinic. She wanted me to tasted it,so I brought it at home with recipe wrote over. It's the first and my last time I ate liver after living 4 years in Sweden.

The time that I got pregnant,it's totally stop!I have no idea before that liver is not allowed for pregnant. My midwife reminded me to not to eat liver because it contains a lot of vitamin A. High dosage of vitamin A is harmful for  "baby". I avoid so much I can even fish liver oil. However I can eat liver pate' as  sandwich spread because it contains not much liver in it.

My concerned or views about this food;in other countries like my home land. Lot of pregnant women,know nothing about this information. Mostly those who live in the area where standard of living is very hard. I wonder about the side effect to the child where mother ate much liver during their pregnancy.

I think life is conflicated,confusing and much unfair to the mother who have no oppurtunity to recieve the right information. The world of technology is not enough to reach every body. Various reason?money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment